Betty410's Reviews > Where the River Ends

U_50x66
Jul 03, 14

bookshelves: currently-reading
Read on March 11, 2011

I would give this story 6 stars if available!
They met by accident--a boy from a South Georgia trailer park and a girl from the social elite but they had found their true soul mate. Doss and Abbie meet life's challenges which are many. Doss relates the story. He is an artist who captures his portraits with an unusual ability to reach the heart and soul through the eyes. Abbie is a model with beauty plus and famous designer.
Thinking of this review, I began to write some of the striking poetic prose to quote here but I would end up with the whole book!
The descriptions of the love and caring; the story of their river trip with striking views of nature; the human relationships, both loving and hateful; the study of the results of treatment for cancer (plenty of research here) all written with absolutely amazing insight from an author who is only in his 40 's.
I put off reading the final pages for mid-day because I knew my tears would make my nose stuffy before bed.
Yet this was a happy ending--the wonder of a good writer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where the River Ends.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Glenda Why only 4 then?

Betty410 Good question. Perhaps my cursor missed--should be 5 except I shy away from "perfect".