Jen's Reviews > Night Lost

Night Lost by Lynn Viehl

Apr 16, 11

bookshelves: x-read-in-2011
Read from April 14 to 16, 2011

Gabriel was abducted by the Brethren 3 years ago - tortured and starved, then left as bait to lour in the one human that has been sneaking into the Brethren’s hide-away and helping the Darkyn escape.

Nick - Nicola - is a thief, murderer, and a liar, and she has a BIG secret she will die to protect - she watched her parents get tortured and the one that did it left her to die while running off with the Golden Madonna statue that belonged to her stepfather. And she wants it back!

Nick spent 10 years roaming around Europe from church to church disguising herself as a photographer in search for the Golden Madonna -
When her dreams start to possess a strange "green man" in which she develops a strange fondness for.

Now she is searching for him - Gabriel ....

Alex is stuck at the castle as Richard's prisoner in hopes to find a cure for him - She is missing Michael - the Bond between them is so strong, it is drawing both of them nearly Crazy to be separated for so long...

This book was pretty intense. Gabriel wasn't my favorite Darkyn, he seems a little venerable - a little too weak, needing Nick to help him defeat 3 brethren at the bookstore - that really shouldn't have been a problem for him. He wasn't lacking blood, and his eye sight was starting to come back - so why couldn't he go in with a base ball bat and beat everyone up??

Nick was awesome though - her super strength was awesome - she didn't fear anything - even the 200 spiders that were hanging over her and Gabriel in the forest :)

I thought the storyline in the castle was fun - I love Alex with her attitude - no one knows how to react to her being so forward with everything. And yet she does get the job done - just with a sassy attitude :)

Not sure what's left for this series, but I have 2 more books to read, so I'll get on it :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Lost.