Lynsey • The Demon Librarian's Reviews > The Darkest Prison

Oct 31, 11

bookshelves: books-that-should-die
Read in October, 2011

Oh dear.

I actually quite like the Lords of the Underworld series so I do feel a bit mean for giving it only one star, but I really did not like this. It was just awful. The best thing about it was that it was nice and short so the pain was over fairly quickly.

Message to Gena Showalter: mean bullies who trick you into sex, incarcerate you, carve their name into your back and kiss other women in front of your jail cell to deliberately hurt your feelings, are NOT sexy!

In defence of Showalter's Lords of the Underworld series (of which I have so far read the first three and plan on reading the rest), this was not really set in the same world as the main series, it didn't feature a Lord, and the only actual connection I can find is that it stars a couple of Greek gods from the series' mythology. So I really don't feel like it reflects the series at all, and if you are reading the Lords of the Underworld series you could skip this and not miss a single thing.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Prison.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

harlequin {Stephanie} This was so disappointing. The first 10 minutes of this I was rooting for cronus to quash Atlas like a bug. Worth a portion of the pain to get the snippet with Sienna (as small and insubstantial as it was 'author is kinda a tease'). I like her character for Paris even though the cover model for the book looks very little like her character.

Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian Oh, he was such a total pig. I can't believe this is priced nearly as much as a full-length Lord book on Amazon as well. It was terrible.