Cathy/The Crazy Bookworm's Reviews > Strings Attached

Strings Attached by Judy Blundell

Mar 16, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read from March 11 to 16, 2011

"Things made sense here because nobody cared--If you were hot, you chopped off you shirtsleeves; if you were tired, you drank a pot of coffee; if your heart was broken, you went out that night and sang the pieces of your heart out onstage. Easy" -Kit Corrigan

The premise of Strings Attached does not do the book justice. This book packed a lot of punch! It definitely surprised me, I was not expecting to enjoy this book as much as I did. There was a twist and turn around every corner, making me fly through the pages. It was nearly impossible for me to put down the book because I just had to know what was going to happen next.

The author did a fantastic job at creating her characters. Each was so diverse, with powerful personalities. Kit was a wonderful character to read. I immediately fell in love with her. She was a strong, stubborn 17 year old but she was vulnerable underneath her tough exterior. Delia was another unique character, but that's all I will say, she is to be discovered on your own. From Jamie, to Da, From Billy to Nate. The entire character cast was entertaining and one-of-a-kind.

Aside from the mystery and suspense Strings Attached also has a lot of heart. Inside this book is a great love story, not just between Billy and Kit, but between Da and his wife and the love of a family. The author knew just how to explain the feeling of love. The "stop in your tracks, and lose your breath" kind of feeling. The knowing of doing anything you have to, to protect the ones you love. The beauty and pain of the love stories in this book definitely had me reaching for a tissue(or a few).

I love being transported back in time, and this book did just that. Taking you to 1950 New York, during the Korean war. I could almost hear the Jazzy notes of the club's music and the taps of the dancing girl's shoes. It was a fantastically written book, that took you on a journey through time. Strings Attached is packed with heart and soul, with mystery and page-turning suspense in between. It is a beautiful story, one that shouldn't be missed.

What I loved: The 1950's era. The love story

What I disliked: The premise. It is just enough to perk someones interest but this book deserves the attention and I think the premise may hold it back a little.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strings Attached.