Wee Shubba (Totally Bookalicious)'s Reviews > The Hating Game

The Hating Game by Talli Roland

Mar 22, 11

Read on March 19, 2011

Orginal Review: Thoughts of a Mad Hatter!

The Hating Game is a great spin on reality TV. I can admit I love reality Tv shows. So this book really appealed to. Talli has took the simple dating game show and twisted it into something fun, exciting and yet dangerous.

The story follows Mattie (our main character). Mattie is almost bankrupt and is getting desperate, so when Nate appears in her office one to with an offer she can't refuse she signed up for a reailty TV show, Thinking it will be an easy way to collect some cash, as the show starts thing aren't all as they seem.

I really liked Mattie, she was quite funny and even though she comes across as a man-eater and maybe a bitch to some. I found myself really connecting with her. She deals with the Tv show in a very professional way. Even though they producers are throwing her alot of unexpected twists. As well as Mattie there are a few other characters, I would be here forever if I mentioned them all. However, I will mention a few that stand out. Nate, is a man behind the original idea for "The Hating Game" he is quite shy and very likeable. Kyle, is Mattie ex. The love of her life. Kyle seems like a really nice guy and quite down to earth. At first I didn't want to like him because he "cheated" on Mattie but I couldn't help but like him. My least favourite character was Adam. He was obsessed with Mattie. And not in a heathly way. He just plan weird lol.

I loved how the story flowed really well. Although my personally I don't like alot of changing POV and we have alot in this. However, apart from that I really liked. And I loved how Talli has put fun facts at the start of each chapter. They made me laugh.

I can't wait to read more of Talli's work. This is an outstanding debut novel and a must read for those who like chick-lit and reality Tv.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hating Game.