Ülle's Reviews > Les Mémoires de Zeus

2094044
Mar 11, 11

bookshelves: mythology
Read from March 10 to 11, 2011

I was intrigued by this book because of my long-time fascination with Greek mythology but besides some good lines, the book did not reach my expectations. There was hardly anything new that you can not read from any other book about Greek mythology and I was more than once annoyed by the moralizing tone of the Zeus-character as he was telling his story to his mid-20th century readers. The good parts in the story mostly came from the essence of the old myths themselves and I always do enjoy becoming a part of this world where the Greek gods existed and lived. And every now and again there were some lines that made me stop and think about them for a longer time which is what a good book is supposed to do. Something Hera told Zeus near the end of the book, stayed with me on a personal level, and I liked the fact that the author was able to touch me in such a way. But all in all, this book was mostly just "okay" and thus I can not give it more than two stars.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Les Mémoires de Zeus.