Steph Sinclair's Reviews > Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Angel.

Steph Sinclair Jesse wrote: "Compared to the original series, was this better or worse?"

I liked this one slightly better than the original series, but I didn't care for the second book. I thought this series had the potential to really go somewhere, but in the end it seemed to just be a rehash of MI.

Steph Sinclair I think it was a little of both but mostly the characters. I did end up finishing this book and giving the second book a shot (I did write a review for that one), but I'll probably not finish the series.

Steph Sinclair Jesse wrote: "Thanks :) Since I just picked it up from the library, I'll lend to a few Mortal-Instruments-obsessed friends in clss and see if they like it. By the way, are you continuing the Mortal Instrument se..."

I read book 4, City of Fallen Angels, and I thought it was awful. Way too much angst and not enough action. Plus, it seems like the characters regressed. I was very disappointed with it. Because of that, I won't be continuing on with the rest of the planned books.

Mizuki better not read the second book, it only gets worse.

Ashley The thing that annoys me the most is the stupid love triangle.

Mizuki Ashley wrote: "The thing that annoys me the most is the stupid love triangle."

Who can blame you, Ashley?

Steph Sinclair Mizuki wrote: "better not read the second book, it only gets worse."

I did read the second book and I reviewed it. It really did get worse. I've just been going through old books and tweaking my ratings.

Mizuki Steph wrote: "I did read the second book and I reviewed it. It really did get worse. I've just been going through old books and tweaking my r..."

Oh, I didn't know.

message 9: by Aly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aly the Too Tall Giraffe Funny. I really liked this series than the original one. And I guess I'm the only one who likes love triangles... :D Haha..

Molly in my opinion, this is the most entertaining love triangle to date. I've have my qualms with some of Clare's twists, but I really liked the Internal Devices.

message 11: by Aly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aly the Too Tall Giraffe Molly wrote: "in my opinion, this is the most entertaining love triangle to date. I've have my qualms with some of Clare's twists, but I really liked the Internal Devices."

I thought so too! I loved this love triangle... It was thoroughly entertaining.

Steph Sinclair I don't mind love triangles if they don't annoy me. I just didn't like Tessa or Will. I did like Jem, though. ID just felt like Clary, Jace and Simon all over again.