Lindsey's Reviews > Dead and Gone

Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris

Aug 10, 11

The best thing about this book was that Eric was in it. Other than that, I felt it should have stayed at the editor's a bit longer. I usually don't go in to these books with very high expectations, but even so I found the plot far too meandering, with too much focus on minor characters that needn't have been a part of the storyline at all.

The shifters "coming out" was a huge thing! And yet, how many chapters actually dealt with the repercussions of such an event? Most of what we, the readers, got were tidbits of what Sookie read in the paper. Honestly, the fairy war could have been left out completely or more greatly developed in a book of its own, leaving a whole lot of novel left to deal with the shifter revelation. It just seemed odd to start off the book with this huge event, and then ignore it for the rest.

My guess is that the huge success of the TV show inspired the publishers to push this one out before it really got a proper look over by the editors. Hopefully they'll be a bit more careful with the next one, so as not to disappoint the fans again.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead and Gone.