Jaclyn's Reviews > Sense and Sensibility

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

Jun 27, 12

Read in June, 2012

It's fitting that I would finally finish this book in England staying so close to the places Jane Austen wrote about in her books here. Walking through the quiet streets in the Cotswalds and in Bath makes everything about a book like this come to life. I can't say that I am in love with Austen's writing style - books don't usually take me so long to read...but I am so in love with her story lines that it makes up for the occasional tedium I feel when I'm reading. Sense & Sensibility's Elinor is one of my favorite characters of all time, so I'm glad to made it to the end of her story. I love the sisters in this story. I love their romantic notions and the objects of their affection. If I wasn't unabashedly obsessed with Pride & Prejudice (not to mention Emma and Mansfield Park), I would say this is Austen's best..but where's the fun in picking just one favorite? Happy reading!

ps. I blame any odd wording or typos on the jet lag. It simply can't be helped. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sense and Sensibility.