Courtney's Reviews > Tales from the Yoga Studio

Tales from the Yoga Studio by Rain Mitchell

Dec 15, 11

bookshelves: books-for-girls, general-fiction
Read from December 13 to 15, 2011

ARGH!! I am *so* disappointed. I had this book on my To Read list for ages and finally took it out from the library. I really wanted it to be beautiful and spiritually calming and introspective.

It was crap.

Well, at least the first few chapters were. That's as far as I made it. The moment the "actress" character ran into another actress friend...the description of whom just SCREAMED Jennifer Aniston (famous hair, "America's sweetheart", sitcom start called "Neighbors" or some tripe like that)...I checked out.

Nothing against California, but I cannot read books centered around the entertainment industry. Which was far more the focus here than the practice of yoga. Yoga was just the backdrop. Which is fine, but it comes across as false advertisement.

I refuse to waste time reading crappy books. I really wish that authors would start to write books of content and depth (though not necessarily "heavy") for women. Because stuff like this is just frustrating.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tales from the Yoga Studio.