Greta is Erikasbuddy's Reviews > Red Moon Rising

Red Moon Rising by Peter Moore

Mar 20, 11

Read from March 17 to 20, 2011

Praise the Three Little Piggys!! Finally a werewolf book a boy can sink his canines into without rolling his eyes at dreaded love triangles and lip gloss and wardrobe changes.

Totally something to howl at!!

"Red Moon Rising" is about a 9th grade boy (15 years old) who is half vampyre/half werewulf.

Being a werewolf is a big social NO NO! They are treated unfairly and when the full moon comes every month they are dumped into compounds that to me were like concentration camps for wulves. They are even tattooed at birth, having to wear the symbol of the wolf on their hand.

The book doesn't go into what the compounds are like on the inside but you get the idea that this is a fight for civil rights.

Taking place at Capathia Night High (a supernatural school for vampyres and werewolves) we follow Danny through out his day. We learn here that wulves are not treated equally.

Danny doesn't really worry about the wulves until he starts to notice hair growing in funny places and his senses starting to heighten.

Since Danny is half wulf/half vamp his family had him go through a series of treatments to basically put the wulf to sleep. They worked for Danny's sister but for some reason Danny didn't get to be so lucky.

"Red Moon Rising" is a really funny book at times. I really enjoyed reading it and I loved the fact that these wulves are the kind of beasty that stands up on two feet and not down on 4 paws like a bow wow.

I definitely think that boys and girls would both equally enjoy this book. Sure, there is a tad bit of cussing but it's not anything your kid hasn't heard on "The Jersey Shore." Actually it's probably way tamer than that.... and less scary ;)

I'd recommend this to all sons out there that are into werewolves but don't want a love story. Sure, there is a tad bit of romance but because this book is written by a man it's not a swoonfest and will leave your boy laughing out loud with the way Danny is thinking.

Totally worth checking out and letting your little teen/tween howler take a bite at.

5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Moon Rising.

03/17/2011 page 26
8.0% "Chillax Chilidog!! Your step-papa is totally down with the pups!"
03/17/2011 page 75
22.0% "believe it or not cutie pie... I'm actually digging this book. I have noticed the mention of lip gloss and omg the Tiffany watches... but I think the author just wants to show how richy vampire are. They love the shiny ;) HAHAS! i totally think I'll rec this book to my son" 2 comments
03/18/2011 page 114
34.0% "i love the gloassary in the back that explains what everyone is talking about. I'm very curious what will happen at the next full moon. I'm really enjoying Danny's voice and pov. I believe boys and girls would both enjoy this book and it would make a great made for tv Nickelodeon movie or even series for them"
03/18/2011 page 150
45.0% "really enjoying the pov and the idea of what's going to happen next."
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Darkfallen (new) - added it

Darkfallen Sweet review! Ima have to give this one some attention.
Hooouuuwwwwlllll

Yep that's me trying to howl lol

Angela YES!!!! I am soooofa king glad you like this one! My faith in my rec-ing powers is back (sorta).

I now join the Dark one in a wulfy howl:
O wwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Greta is Erikasbuddy HAHAHS!! Rise my minions!! RISE!!!

message 4: by AH (new)

AH You have minions? Awesome!

Great review, Greta.

Greta is Erikasbuddy hahahs!! I'm building my own minion army ;)

Thanky spankys!

I think your boys would really dig this book.

message 6: by Darkfallen (new) - added it

Darkfallen (stupid GR isn't sending me emails :( )

Yippee I'm a minion!!!!