Sonia's Reviews > Darkness Becomes Her

Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton

Mar 10, 2011

bookshelves: pulse-it
Read from March 10 to 29, 2011

Anyone looking for a different kind of action-packed, mythology story should definitely check this out!
Darkness Becomes Her was just unique in so many aspects. There was the kick-butt heroine, eccentric group of friends, constant action and even the twist you don't see coming.

Ari Selkirk, the main character, shows she's capable of handling herself from page one. I really liked that, throughout the book, she could take care of herself and didn't need to play the part of the damsel in distress to get attention.

I think my favourite character in the book was Violet, one of the kids from New 2. There was just something really appealing about her character; she was sweet, curious and had an obsession with masks - what more could you want?

I didn't actually realize that this book was mythology-based until about halfway through. It hits you fast and hard and I, at least, definitely liked the surprise. It's a different story than the typical ones being explored and even that has a unique twist. Like I said before, the story is jam-packed with action, making for a quick and satisfying read.

If I have one complaint about the book, it's the one I've heard around the blogosphere. Ari and Sebastian meet and it feels like five minutes later; they're kissing. I was a little startled at the quickness of that but at the same time, it wasn't as if they were declaring their undying love for each other. They were just, you know, making out. The relationship smoothes itself out better through the course of the story and I really liked it by the end of the book.

All in all, a very pleasing read!

Cover Comments: TRESS! And a throne! I definitely like this cover. It has just the right amount of creepy and the font is pretty. It looks like something I'd be in interested in from the cover alone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Becomes Her.