Jennifer's Reviews > Kiss of Snow

Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh

For this book, Singh continues to explore the intricate society of the SnowDancer wolf changeling pack from "Play of Passion." While I enjoy learning about how the Psy and human parts of this world interact, I will admit that the changeling novels are among my absolute favorites.

Sienna Lauren caught my interest from her first appearance in the series and I loved getting to know more about the X-Psy power. I adore fragile-looking women who have serious power like Sienna in paranormals. The dichotomy involved in such a character is extremely intriguing to me. I also liked how Singh showed how Sienna had grown as a person and a soldier within the SnowDancer pack. The Lauren family has definitely
acclimated to the pack and I loved seeing it in so many different lights. I will admit that I was a little hesitant when thinking about the age difference between Hawke and Sienna, but I got over it quickly especially with how Singh showcased how mature Sienna was due to her childhood/teenage years.

Now, to Hawke...is there anything that hasn't already been said about him? He is sexy and badass for starters. When he decided to go for it with Sienna, there was no stopping him! I loved the protective nature that emerged when he was dealing with his pack and especially Sienna. The fact that he could not save Rissa when he was young made a definite impact on his personality and I liked seeing how Sienna healed that part of his heart. I also liked seeing the way he ruled over SnowDancer and how he used his lieutenants to help him keep the peace. Definitely one of my favorite Singh heroes!!

The relationship between Sienna and Hawke was everything I could have wanted! There were equal parts sexy and sweet. I really enjoyed the fact that they were constantly interrupted from going all the way. The sexual tension that brought about was amazing! The reader could also see that these two understood each other on a deep level beyond the bedroom. They knew how the other ticked and how they could work together. To me, that is the epitome of a great romantic relationship!

The secondary relationships in this book were amazing as well. We have two already mated couples: Lucas and Sascha from "Slave to Sensation" and Brenna and Judd from "Caressed by Ice." I enjoyed getting to see these couples and where they were in their relationship. Lucas and Sascha's baby is finally born and the scenes surrounding that just melted my heart. Since "Caressed by Ice" is my favorite of the whole series, I was overjoyed with the scenes between Brenna and Judd. The way that Judd has grown from our first impression of him is so sweet.

Besides the existing couples, Singh also gives us a real secondary romance to Sienna/Hawke. SnowDancer healer Lara and Sienna's uncle Walker almost stole the show from the main couple at certain times in the book. The idea of Walker being broken before Lara was so poignant especially the paperweight scene:
"He couldn’t say the words, had spent too long in Silence, but he’d learned other ways to speak. Taking the paperweight she’d knocked off her desk out of his pocket, he put it in her hands. “It’s fixed. As long as you don’t mind more than a few scars." So sweet!! Just makes me want to hug Walker!

And if all relationships weren't enough, we also have the escalating violence between Pure-Psy and the changelings. The suspense involved in these scenes had me on the edge of my seat and brought a sense of urgency to the book. The final battle was chaotic, but well-written enough to make sense after a few re-reads. Sometimes the explanation of Sienna's X designation was a little complicated, but I believe I got the basics down.

All in all, I loved everything about this book. The series has a taken a drastic turn and I can't wait to find out more about the Psy-Changeling world. I am especially interested in seeing what side Kaleb is actually on in all this and who the Ghost really is. I have my suspicions, but not enough evidence to share them at the moment. That being said, this was a great addition to the series and makes me eager for more!

Favorite Quote: "You’re in my every breath and every thought, intertwined so deep inside me that love’s not a strong enough word—you have my devotion, your name branded on my soul, my wolf yours to command. A hundred years? It’ll never be enough. I want eternity.” -Hawke to Sienna"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of Snow.

Quotes Jennifer Liked

Nalini Singh
“You’re in my every breath and every thought, intertwined so deep inside me that love’s not a strong enough word—you have my devotion, your name branded on my soul, my wolf yours to command. A hundred years? It’ll never be enough. I want eternity.”
Nalini Singh, Kiss of Snow

Shawna Great review, Jennifer! I loved this book!

Thebookfinder-reviews goodreads I have a question, can I read this book without reading all the series??

Jennifer I wouldn't recommend it. You meet Hawke and Sienna early on in the series and they go through alot to end up together in this book. I'm not sure if the story would be as powerful without knowing what they had to deal with before. Plus this series, as a whole, is amazing! You wouldn't regret reading it in order!