Amber's Reviews > Sleepyhead

Sleepyhead by Mark Billingham

Mar 10, 2011

Read from April 03 to 18, 2011

It's been a little while since I've read this book but I thought it was about time I added a couple reviews. I heard about the thorne series after watching the 3 tv episodes shown on Sky last year. They were really good and captured my imagination, so I ordered the book in my local library.

I can't say it lived up to my hopes completely. Thorne is of course a flawed character and to a point that was intrigueing but he was a bit too flawed for my liking. To the point where I was even thinking he was insane. I was also expecting his relationship with the coroner (can't remember his name now) to be a little stronger, like in the series, as this is one aspect I enjoyed. While I didn't expect him to be all lovey dovey with the guy, I thought he'd at least know he was gay as he wasn't closeted. They even changed that in the series as it's a bit...bizare.

The plot itself had me guessing a little but after I got into the book I knew who the killer was, as again it was one of the books adapted to the tv series. I wish I had read the book first as it is well written and I feel my judgement was clouded by going into it with preconceptions.

Altogether, a good novel but not the best I've read.

Find more reviews at: http://ambilit.wordpress.com/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleepyhead.

04/04/2011 page 45
04/18/2011 page 460
106.0% "Pity i read a review that spoiled it, because it was a pretty good twist...but overall if the tv adaptation was better than the book how good is the book? But thats only my opinion...will probably read up to the third in the series after the tv series to ensure that its not tainting my enjoyment because it wasnt a terrible novel..."
show 8 hidden updates…