Kim Smiley's Reviews > Torment

Torment by Lauren Kate

Mar 28, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read in March, 2011

The cover of this book, as well as the first in the series, "Fallen" reminds me of the Christina Aguilera song "Birds of Prey." I love these covers and they're the reason I picked up the books in the first place. The stories haven't disappointed me so far.

Ok, finished this book today and I have to say, it did fall a little flat. Only because by the time I reached the end of the book, I have just as many questions as the character does as to when I first started reading it.

Luce still doesn't know why she is with Daniel, or even if she's still supposed to be with him. Daniel is as closed off as ever when it comes to answering her questions and he's barely even around, only for minutes at time to make out with Luce and book as soon as she has questions that he doesn't want to answer.

This book leaves Luce questioning whether or not she even wants to be with DAniel. There is an 18 day truce between the good and evil fallen angels and Daniel and Cam agree to put her at another school to hide her from the evil "Outsiders" that are hunting her. Here at this school she learns more about the "shadows" that she speaks of in the first book, "Fallen." She larns how to manipulate them and glimpse a look at her past lives. She also meets Miles, whom she considers to be a good friend and maybe even more by the end of the book.

I can see why by the end of the book, the next book out in the series due in June 2011 is some sort of a prequil. It does make sense and that again will lead to a fourth book in the series. This author isn't stupid. She's going to milk it for all it's worth, een if the books do fall a bit short and leave way to many questions for the reader.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Torment.