Gokce ~Muslin Myst~'s Reviews > To Catch a Highlander

To Catch a Highlander by Karen Hawkins

Yet another delightful read by Karen Hawkins. The lightness of this series is all the more reason for me to love it.

In this book, the stylish MacLean brother finds himself trapped in a series of card games, not mention also a battle of wills, with the non-traditional, determined Sophia.

I really enjoyed this book. Just like the previous one, this one had a nice comedy feel to it. Especially towards the end. There were more than a few occasions where I laughed out loud at what was happening. And the colorful characters surely added to the fun.

I liked both the hero and the heroine, and the chemistry they had. They were both stubborn people, not willing to give up on what they wanted. I loved the parts with the card games, and I absolutely loved the little mystery towards the end where our protagonists found themselves in all kinds of funny situations.

What a treat! :D
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Catch a Highlander.

03/26/2011 page 99
03/26/2011 page 115
29.0% ""'i assume you know how to ride.' 'Expertly. And you?' 'I can hold my own.' She sent him such a provocative look that he said, 'let me guess. You are actually the offspring of a gypsy princess, and horses hold no fear for you.' 'I have many skills, [..] you'll be the most impressed when you see me ride. That is my true skill.' Dougal had an instant vision of Sophia riding him." - Wicked man! :D"
03/27/2011 page 282
71.0% ""It was a wildly erotic moment. They were trapped beneath the bed, with two near-strangers making love above them, and she couldn't make a sound." - Oh. Em. Gee. This was a hilarious scene! :D"