Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell's Reviews > Lord of the Vampires

Lord of the Vampires by Gena Showalter

Jul 14, 11

bookshelves: requested-review, kick-ass-heroine, must-read-series
Read from July 11 to 14, 2011

Nicolai is the crown prince of Elden, but he is unaware of this fact. All he knows for sure is that he is a enslaved vampire and that he hates the witches who abuse him. Not remembering anything since his purchase from the sex market, he has managed to kill one of the witch sisters, and has cast his magic to bring Jane Parker to free him.
Jane Parker didn't know who the handsome vampire was that kept visiting her dreams, and she couldn't have been more surprised when she woke up in his world. After seeing his predicament first hand, she knows she'll do whatever it takes to set him free.
Ok, so I was kinda leery at first, because it contained quite a few physics theories in the first few pages, and while I'm not a drooling moron, I'm also not about to apply for a job at NASA anytime soon. That being said, I really liked this book. Not because of the hero Nicolai, I mean he helped, but I'm a slut for heroes, they don't have to work hard for me at all. No, what won me over was the heroine, Jane Parker. Just like her name, she was an unadorned, simple bad ass. She was a former evil scientist for goodness sake. She just rocked this whole book, and by the time I had finished I wanted a t-shirt with her picture on it.
LOTV has all the Gena trademarks that we look for in her books. The HOT, HOT sex, the really bloody fights, and snarky sarcastic characters with some great dialogue. Nice kick off to Harlequin's new series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord of the Vampires.

07/12 page 40
14.0% "There's a lot of physics talk. That makes my head hurt." 3 comments
07/14 page 175
61.0% "I do love a man who can rip a trachea out with his teeth and still taste minty fresh."
04/21 marked as: requested-review