Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book)'s Reviews > Touch of Power

Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder

Dec 29, 11

bookshelves: review-copy, arc, owned-and-read, young-adult, fantasy
Read from December 25 to 29, 2011

This is the very first book I've ever read by Maria V. Snyder and it definately won't be my last.
Avry is a healer, someone who can take injuries and diseases into her own body, unfortunately for Avry all healers a are being accused of spreading the plague and so are being hunted down and executed.
It's after Avry is in jail after saving a little girl's life that she is rescued by Kerrick and his friends who plan on escorting her to heal Prince Ryne who is lying in stasis after catching the plague.
Avry initially refuses to heal Prince Ryne as she has previously had a run in with him and doesn't like him and the plague is the one disease healers can't recover from.
While traveling with the men she becomes close to all of them except Kerrick who is a forest mage and can camouflage himself who seems cold and unfeeling.
I loved the developing romance between Avry and Kerrick while it took a while it wasn't until they were seperated they both realised their feelings and I can't wait to find out what else is in store for their relationship.
I was upset when we lost one of the characters from the group that Avry traveled with just wish he hadn't died.
But through it all this is an exciting and intriguing read and I only wish the next book is out sooner, I absolutely loved it.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touch of Power.

12/26/2011 page 42