Emily's Reviews > Ascension

Ascension by Lauren Dane

Mar 09, 2011

bookshelves: genre-paranormal, series, shifters-were, betrayal, fiesty-heroine, pregnancy, menage, alpha, kidnapping-hostage, own-kindle
Read from May 04, 2012 to December 18, 2013

Kari Warner just wanted some chocolate when she made the ridiculous mistake of taking a short cut in an alley that left her dying from an attack from a large dog. Waking up from a coma, she had not expected to live nor had she planned on being kidnapped and told she was the mate to Andreas Phinney.

Andreas knew the moment he scented Kari she was his mate. He had planned to woo her properly, but an over aggressive wolf changed her instead. Even though Kari puts up a fight about becoming his mate, he knows she is changing her mind with each moment they spend together. As quickly as Kari realizes her true feelings and destiny to be mate to the Alpha, she also has someone wanting to kill her.

I liked this quite a bit, but I have read a few other shifter stories that are similar. I liked Andreas a lot, Keri is a hoot and the betas are swoon worthy. All and all pretty good story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ascension.