Melissa's Reviews > So Much Pretty

So Much Pretty by Cara Hoffman

Jun 16, 12

bookshelves: thriller, 12x12-challenge, 2012-challenges, abc-challenge, first-reads-shelf, social-issues, young-adult, i-own
Read from June 06 to 10, 2012

****PLEASE NOTE I WON THIS FROM A GOODREADS GIVEAWAY****

I didn't get into this book nearly as much as I thought I would. There were just too many perspectives and too much going on for me to really get into it. I don't have the book with me to go into as much detail as I would like to, but let's just say it wasn't all that gripping.

I did enjoy Alice, as a character, but I didn't feel for her as much as I would have liked toward the end of the novel. Plus there seemed to be a lot of information missing. I would have liked to see more of her parents background, told in a more concrete way. Since the plot line went chapter by chapter told by each different perspective, and it went forwards and backwards in time often, it was hard to get a sense of buildup.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read So Much Pretty.

06/08/2012 page 171
56.0% "This book is really confusing! I'm not liking it very much because it has 8 different perspectives separated out by chapter. The perspective changes are labeled but I think it's too many for the story and it's taking away from the plot. I really hope this redeems itself somehow."