Parker.reynaert's Reviews > Brian's Hunt

U 50x66
Mar 09, 2011

Brian’s Hunt by: Gary Paulsen
Reviewed by: Parker Reynaert

I have never had any interest in Gary Paulsen’s books before. But this book sparked my interest as soon as I read the summary on the back of the book. The thing that interested me was that it took place were the plane crashed in hatchet. Usually I do not get really interested in books but this one changed my whole look on reading and on the author Gary Paulsen.
Brian’s Hunt takes place in the deep wilderness on the edge of a lake. I believe the plot is believable because a lot of people go back to the wilderness and see all the wild life and animals. In this book Brian said he hated city life so he decided to go back to the woods where he got lost in the plane crash. I thought this book was very enjoyable and was action packed. Some action that sparked my interest was when brain gets chased down by the bear while hunting.
I can relate to Brian because I do not really like the city life, kind of like the author. Also he lives to hunt and fish and those are some of my favorite hobbies. Gary Paulsen relates to Brian in many ways because most of his books are about things that have actually happened to him in real life experiences.
Out of five on Gary Paulsen’s voice I would give him a five because he tells how bad things look or smell with such description that I can almost see and smell the dead animal that he is describing. When he kills a deer for meat he said that he had gotten use to the horrid smell of intestines.
This book is interesting because what happens toward the end could really happen to somebody. What gives the book an environmental feel is all the species of animals he names in the book. If you are only reading this book because it only has eighty pages, then you need to think twice because this book is simply amazing, and usually I cannot relate books into my life but this book I can.
In conclusion, I highly recommend reading this book if you like hunting, fishing and action in the wild. Also if you like adventure novels recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brian's Hunt.