Kathy's Reviews > Cascade

Cascade by Lisa Tawn Bergren

Dec 03, 13

bookshelves: time-travel, medieval, favorites, buy-hardcopy, romance-green, 2013, favorite-historical
Read in December, 2013

I liked how this one picks up right where the first one leaves off. It’s probably a good idea to have all the books on hand when you start, you won’t want to stop reading! This is one series where all the books are great, maybe even getting better as they go.

Gabi continues to be a great heroine. I thought she was easy to relate to and easy to like. She is tough, but believable. She is courageous and fiercely loyal. When everything seems overwhelming and futile, she is still brave and speaks her mind. She uses her wits and I just loved being along for the ride. I liked that Lia plays a bigger role in this one. Same with Luca and Marcella, the book is at its best when they are all together. Gabi and Marcello’s relationship continues to grow, but they face a lot of challenges in this one. I love how committed Marcello is to Gabi, he would literally do anything for her and puts her first. Even with all his other responsibilities he will drop whatever it is to come to her aid. He’s pretty dreamy too! Luca continues to add a fun comedic element, but he can be all business when he needs to be. I like the relationship that is building between him and Lia.

We’re also introduced to a new character, Lord Greco. While he doesn’t get a lot of page time, he definitely will capture your imagination. There is more to him than we get to see and it leaves you wanting to know more of his story. Luckily, we do get more of him in the next book and boy does he add some good conflict to the story. It doesn’t hurt that he is a hottie too!

The plot is exciting and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Lots of adventure and character growth for Gabi. A great addition to the series!

Content: Clean, PG-13. Clean romance, no language, moderate violence.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cascade.

Quotes Kathy Liked

Lisa Tawn Bergren
“Lia aimed, shifted and waited, watching one man peek out time and time again. She let her arrow fly anticipating his next peek at us and it pierced his eye.

“Okay that’s just going to make ’em mad ” I said.

“Three hundred and ninety-two ” she said to Luca tossing her braid over her shoulder and taking aim again.

“Saints in heaven ” he said to me rolling his eyes “how much deeper in love can I yet fall?”
Lisa Tawn Bergren, Cascade

02/28/2012 page 234
59.0% "Even better the second time around!!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kristen I can't wait to get my hands on the first one, they've been mending it at the library for like three weeks! I'm about to go down there and offer to help!

The Mad Elvish Poet I wouldn't say the book is completely clean...(not that it wasn't amazingness)

Kathy Jo Uh oh... another cliff hanger?! This is so not good!! I am seeing more meals being skipped and no sleep in my very near future... O_o The things I do for books that I LOVE!! LOL.

Alondra Olvera im so glad I had the right mind when I picked all three up from the library.