Reading Vacation's Reviews > Secrets of My Hollywood Life

Secrets of My Hollywood Life by Jen Calonita

Mar 09, 11

Read in December, 2010

REVIEW

So, you think the life of a famous teen actress is a dream come true? Think again. For Kaitlin Burke, living that dream is great, but all she really wants is to try out life as a typical teen.

Kaitlin is one sneaky girl. She manages to fool an entire school when she enrolls as Rachel Rogers – a British transfer student. Seeing that she could pull this off, it was no wonder that she was a famous actress. She could win an Academy Award for the party scene!

One of the things that I really loved was that Kaitlin still kept her personality when she was Rachel. She stayed true to herself. Jen Calonita did a great job of melding both girls into one.

The cast of supporting characters was very entertaining. There’s Liz (best friend and partner in being sneaky), Sky Mackenzie (scheming co-star), Austin (cute boy at school), and Kaitlin’s mom (overpowering and bossy).

Cute and fun, I recommend this book to anyone who wants a glimpse into the Hollywood lifestyle.

RATING

4 Plot

5 Characters

4 Attention Grabbing

4 Girlie Meter

4 Ending

21 TOTAL

5 STARS

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets of My Hollywood Life.