Reading Vacation's Reviews > Switched

Switched by Amanda Hocking

Mar 09, 11

REVIEW

I read these three books back-to-back-to-back on my Kindle. The story had me so engaged, that I could not put it down. I was reading in the car, at school, on my bed, at the dinner table, and in the media room. You could call it an obsession.

In this paranormal tale, Wendy learns at the age of seventeen that she is a troll. Oh, but she isn’t just ANY troll, her past is filled with mystery, deceit, and some unexpected ancestors. Amanda Hocking carefully twisted this plot with all sorts of surprises. I guarantee that you have not read a series quite like this before.

Plain and simple – Wendy rocks! She starts out unsure and confused. I mean, who wouldn’t be questioning things if they just found out they were a troll. The beauty lies in how Wendy grows and changes. As her confidence grows, she becomes the girl (err troll) she was always meant to be.

Let’s talk romance. Wendy has more boy trolls after her than she keep track of. They are all nice in their own way, but they each have their unique traits. Finn is protective. Loki is a flirt. Tove is like a brother. I loved them all.

If you are looking for a battle, you have come to the right place. Amanda Hocking has written some of the most epic battle scenes ever. Sure these scenes are filled with the physical battle, but they also contain the emotions behind the fight. They were so real that I could FEEL them.

This series about trolls surprised and entertained me. I will definitely be looking for more Amanda Hocking books to read.

RATING

5 Loved

COVER COMMENTS

I like how the covers are so similar and work together to tell the story. I also love the turquoise and black because it has a mysterious feel to it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Switched.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alison (new) - added it

Alison Another reader-friend just asked me if I had read this book because she saw it high on the Kindle download list. After reading your review, I have to read it! Thanks, M!

message 2: by Alison (new) - added it

Alison Had to come back and let you know taht my reader-friend downloaded it upon your recommendation and she loved it too! Thanks!

message 3: by Katarina (new)

Katarina thanks for the review!! i saw it on my kindle as well under "suggested for you" so i thought I'd look into it before i bought it. I'll definitely check it out now :)

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott Alexander I would like to suggest a book that has really good pacing and characters. Its called A Bite is Forever Part 1. Check it out.