Reading Vacation's Reviews > Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports

Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson

Mar 09, 11

Maximum Ride = Marvelous Reading

As leader of her Flock, Max is tough and resilient. This bird girl does not give up on her mission to save the world and protect her Flock. She does it all with flair and a sarcastic edge. Despite endless betrayals and growing up in a lab, Max shows that she can have a soft side too.

The members of Max’s Flock are tight and they each have unique talents. Fang can disappear if he sits still long enough. Iggy sees everything in white. Nudge is magnetic. The Gasman is an explosives expert. And Angel can read and control minds. This group of bird kids makes an amazing team.

I read Fang when it first released not realizing it was part of a series. I know, I know. When I heard about Angel, I decided to read the whole series so I could experience it from the beginning. So, guess what I did last week? I read the whole series.

Angel is less action-packed and more touchy-feely than the earlier books. Not quite a romance, but certainly a change. Being girlie and all, I liked seeing this side of Max. Angel leads up to the final challenge that will be included in the eighth book next year. Seriously, I can’t wait a whole year to find out what happens! Oh, and I want to see more Fang.

James Patterson is a genius! He has crafted a unique series that takes on some serious issues in a thrilling way. Maximum Ride should be on your bookshelf. If you are like me, you’ll have a hard time putting them down.

RATING

5 Loved

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports.