Cailey B's Reviews > Lawn Boy

Lawn Boy by Gary Paulsen

F 50x66
Mar 09, 11

Read in March, 2010

The book "Lawn Boy" is a good because it gives a good lesson of a couple things. For an example when the grandma gives him the lawn mower it isn't the best thing to get but he didn't say anything bad. And he learns how to live with what he got.
After I read the book I think my favorite character is the grandma. She is not talked about a lot in the book but from what I read about her I like her character. Like right when she walked into the house at the beginning of the book and shows him the mower she knows that he is going to do something good with it.
But if I were to ask the author a question I would ask, how did the author get the idea to write this book? Did he know someone that this happened to? Did this happen to him? Or did he just start writing about it one day?
also after I read this book if I had to change anything I think I would change the ending. Because at the end the grandma say the son " You know dear ,grandpa always said, take car of you tolls and they’ll take care of you.” And I don’t think that is the best way to end a book.
Overall I think I would give "Lawn Boy" a four out of five stars. Because it is a good book. But it could make some changes to it. And plus the book is for girls and boys so that adds a good thing about it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lawn Boy.