Monica's Reviews > The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club: True Tales from a Magnificent and Clumsy Life

The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club by Laurie Notaro

Mar 19, 11

bookshelves: young-adult, literature, borrowed, fiction
Read from March 09 to 19, 2011, read count: 1

This book was given to me by one of my son's friends. She figured I would enjoy it because the woman is close to my age and some of the things she talks about I would understand. I did enjoy the book. Yet I wasn't as bad as her with some of her behaviors.

Laurie is writing about her own personal experiences. Some are funny and some are just unbelievable. She talks about her drinking binges and her escapades that follow. The one time she gets pulled over because a woman is in her window yelling at her friend. She gets pulled over because she held up traffic and then is given a sobriety test. She fails yet she is sober. That is something I am always afraid of happening to me.

I found the one story about the revenge of the bra girl very funny. I could just picture her yelling at the manager for yelling at the girls for talking while working. Sometimes management doesn't realize that people can multi-task.

The book was entertaining and a nice book to read in between the longer books I have been reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club.

03/10/2011 page 23