Ellee's Reviews > Rock Paper Tiger

Rock Paper Tiger by Lisa Brackmann

Mar 09, 11

Read in December, 2010

The story is compelling. I had to finish it. The main character/heroin has depth but the depth is murky and stale. She is a tortured soul who is stagnant, confused, unmotivated. The story, it drags you through to the end kicking and screaming. About halfway through the book, I was praying for it to end. It is well written but the heroine is just along for the ride. She should have just stayed home. Her lack luster approach to life is translated to her lack luster approach to solving her dilemma. She learns nothing. She does nothing. Everything is just happening to her. She figures nothing out, she goes places randomly, the story unfolds but you learn nothing throughout the unfolding. All the events that happen to the heroine appear to be so random with no purpose. I really think the author didn't even know what was going on. The author waits till the last chapter to tell you what happen in book and I think she made that up at the last second just to end the story. My suggestion; skip the torture and read the last chapter. It will save you some time and you will get just as much satisfaction.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock Paper Tiger.