Holly's Reviews > Abandon

Abandon by Meg Cabot

Mar 09, 2011

bookshelves: death-ghosts, series, greek-mythology
Read from May 07 to 08, 2011 , read count: 1

I don't usually get into Meg Cabot books for some reason. However, I am seriously in love with the myth of Hades and Persephone, so I leapt at the chance to read this. I'm thrilled there are so many books centered on this myth coming out in the next few months.

Anywho, I really liked the storyline behind Abandon. The way the first half was told wasn't my cup of tea, I admit, but it was effective. It quickly pulled me in and I was flying through the pages.

I only give this 4 stars instead of 5 for a few reasons. I've already mentioned that I didn't quite like the way the story was told in the beginning. I think now that we have the background story, that will not be a problem in future books. Also, I feel like there are a million loose ends and characters that felt vital for a chapter or two and then disappeared. I don't know if it was just a way to show Pierce having a normal life, but I'm totally unsatisfied with all the loose ends. If I know Meg Cabot, they'll be tied up in future books. But did there really have to be this many at the end of book one?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abandon.

Quotes Holly Liked

Meg Cabot
“Don't cry."
"How can I not?" I asked him. "You just said you loved me."
"Well, why else did you think all of this was happening?" He set the book aside to wrap his arms around me. "The Furies wouldn't be trying to kill you if I didn't love you."
"I didn't know," I said. Tears were trickling down my cheeks, but I did nothing to try to stop them. His shirt was absorving most of them. "You never said anything about it. Every time I saw you, you just acted so... wild."
"How was I supposed to act?" he asked. "You kept doing things like throwing tea in my face.”
Meg Cabot, Abandon