Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Sweet Addiction

Sweet Addiction by Maya Banks

Posted on Under the Covers

Cole Madison has been a character we’ve seen throughout the Sweet series. So I was interested to see what Maya Banks had in store for him. However, I never would have anticipated the events that happened in this book. Banks brings readers another exciting, evocative story that will sure to raise your pulse rate and make your toes curl!

SWEET ADDICTION is written in three parts – Lucas, Cole and then Ren. In each respective section, Banks focuses more on one hero and Ren’s relationship with that person. So for example, the first 100 pages of the book covers Ren’s time with Lucas, the man who she is presently seeing and his happy with. However, when Cole Madison walks back into her life after leaving her for what he believes was for her own good, Ren can’t help but wonder what her life would be like if she was with Cole. Lucas sees this spark in Ren’s eyes when she sees Cole and proposes to hand Ren over to Cole for the duration of two weeks where she becomes Cole’s sole possession. In this time, Ren belongs to Cole and at the end of the two weeks, Ren must decide who she wants to spend her future with.

Already the premise of this book is intriguing, but let me tell you, there is so much more in this book that I could ever hope to share with you all. You really need to read it in order to grasp the emotional depth that Banks has poured into this book.
After reading the first 100 pages of this book (Lucas’s part), I thought, “Wow, Lucas really cares for Ren. They truly belong to each other.” The book could have ended there and I would have given it a 5 star rating. But there was more...

I worried that Cole wouldn’t be able to live up to what Lucas had accomplished already. Lucas was firm, but fair. And in those first 100 pages, I really believed that Ren was happy with Lucas. However, in the next few pages or so, Banks lays out the backstory between Cole and Ren and their time together as young adults so helplessly in love. Cole loves her and he shows her how much in those two weeks by her side. By the end of Cole’s part, I again felt overwhelmed, thinking, “Ren and Cole really do love each other. They truly belong to each other.” Hold on. Wait, wait. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?

Two men. Two incredibly written men. And she has to choose...
My heart is already breaking.

Caught between two men, belonging to both and yet, not really wholly belonging to either one. Ren is placed in an unbearable spot and as I read this book, I found it so difficult to choose between the two because both men are such great people. They both love her and understand her. I am so happy with how the book ended. It was perfect. I wouldn’t change a thing.

In addition to the amazingly written men and the emotional depth, Banks creates a very strong, self-confident heroine in Ren. She is half-Korean and both men adore her Asian attributes. I loved how honest she was and how willing she was to give up control. These men only have control in the bedroom because it was given freely by Ren so seeing her strength throughout this book really made me admire her.
I could go on and on about how much I loved this book, but it won’t mean much unless you pick up SWEET ADDICTION and see for yourself. This book is already on my favorites of 2012 list and I’m sure that there will be some rereads in the near future. It was simply addicting.

*ARC provided by publisher courtesy of Maya Banks

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Addiction.

03/06/2012 page 5
2.0% ":D"
03/06/2012 page 50
16.0% "OMG I LOVE THIS SO HARD!"
03/06/2012 page 100
31.0% "*happy sigh* I loved Lucas's part! Can't wait to see how Cole lives up to him!"
03/06/2012 page 200
63.0% "Hot stuff!"
03/07/2012 page 213
67.0% "I'm reading this too fast. Must. Slow.Down." 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wminbc (new) - added it

Wminbc Good, eh??? Update status as you can...can't wait for this one.

message 3: by Leeann (new) - added it

Leeann Its on my TBR list (#368), I'll eventually get there. I luure Maya!!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) This book ROCKS! LOVED IT SO MUCH!

message 5: by Ren (new)

Ren Of course this book rock!! It has my name as the heroine's :P

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yeah, it was really good!

message 7: by Ren (new)

Ren And you admire me *sobs*
LOL! :P

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Are you going to read this book? This book is SO SO dirty.

message 9: by Ren (new)

Ren Love 'em hot and dirty!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Then you'll really like this one.