Brandi's Reviews > Lost in the River of Grass

Lost in the River of Grass by Ginny Rorby

Mar 08, 2011

Read from March 08 to 09, 2011

Lost in the River of Grass was not something I would usually read, but I’m glad I did. This book was based on a true story, as Ginny Rorby states on her website. “Lost in the River of Grass is based on the true story of my husband’s ill-fated trip to the Everglades with his then girlfriend in his airboat. While they were ‘visiting’ one of the hunting camps in the Everglades, the airboat sank. It took them three days to walk out. I wrote the original story of that ordeal for Fort Lauderdale’s Gulf Coast magazine, published in the late 1990s.” Check out her website here. This book reminds me of Hatchet in some ways. It’s a story about survival with a little humor and romance thrown in.

At first I wasn’t really that into this book but it gets better page after page. The characters of Sarah and Andy are so believable. Everything about them is so true to a almost fourteen, and fifteen year old, the way they act and how they handle situations; but not in an annoying “gosh you’re so immature and childish way.” Although I have to say I’m 24 and would probably freak out too if I was in that situation! As the story progressed I really started to like Sarah and Andy! There were so many times that I felt like I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what the next moment would bring. I would definitely recommend this book to someone looking for a quick read!

I was able to review this book, courtesy of Netgalley.com. Thanks Netgalley!

readingisbreathing.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost in the River of Grass.