Heather's Reviews > Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress

Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie

Feb 18, 08

Read in January, 2002

I thought this would be great (well, the cover was beautiful and it did have Balzac in it) but I was really unimpressed by it. It was a story and nothing more. I can't figure out why it's selling like hot cakes. Oh well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tami (new) - added it

Tami I completely agree with you. Very unimpressed with the book and think that your 1 star is more than generous. I couldn't even complete the book and that rarely happens! I was expecting so much more with all the rave reviews out there. I feel ripped off.

Charlotte R-S Though I respect what you have to say as for the book not being of interest to you, I urge you to look deeper for meaning you say you were unable to find. I thought the book was okay, but it had its moments and definitely made me ponder a few points.

ElizaAnne While simple, it really has a lot of meaning and depth regarding the power of knowledge and the value of the individual.

Candace So glad to see I'm not the only one miffed by this book and its over night success.