Pam ☼Because Someone Must Be a Thorn☼ Tee's Reviews > Garfield Out to Lunch: His Twelfth Book

Garfield Out to Lunch by Jim Davis

Sep 24, 15

Yes, yes... Garfield is for ALL AGES, but I'm going to take a minute to rave about this book from a mom's point of view.

And as a mom of an active 9 year old boy, I can tell you that it is sometimes rather difficult to get him to sit down and read. Enter the librarian's suggestion of "Garfield Out to Lunch". Great choice. He absolutely loves it. So much so that I can't get him to pipe down and stop telling me about it. He insists on reading every comic to me. He and his sister (11) fight over the book. And laugh and laugh and laugh.

It's just great wholesome fun and a great way to get children, even boys, to slow down for a moment or half-an-hour and read.

THE SKINNY:::
This book has some of the great classics. It contains includes National Fat Week, Sumo Cat, Splut Week, cleaning out the fridge, a visit to Dr. Liz, the Hawaiian Cat Flu, getting stuck in the mailbox, a visit from Cousin Judy and more. (summary courtesy of some guy at amazon)

Accelerated Reading Level - generic 3 (no month given)

The book seems sturdy. The paper isn't glossy, but thick and sort of coarse to the touch, but the color is good.

Pam T~
mom/blogger

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Garfield Out to Lunch.