K.R.Caldwell's Reviews > Lion's Heat

Lion's Heat by Lora Leigh

Mar 11, 11

Read from March 08 to 11, 2011

Okay, so I don’t know what happened with this book, but I was very surprised and not in a good way. I’m giving it 2.5 stars, for a couple of reasons. Let me start off with the things I liked first. JONAS!!! Loved him from the very beginning! Strong, resilient, tough, warrior, animal, sexy…need I say more? Loved the whole story line and plot.
Then the things I didn’t like: First I absolutely hated Rachel. Talk about indecisive! She has no clue what she wants, but she wants everyone to be honest with her and tell her everything. She pretty much pissed me off through the whole book. I did a little research to find out what her story was from the previous book and I got nothing, so I didn’t care enough about her to take her feelings into consideration.
Second, I know this was a series, and the plot was awesome, but it didn’t go anywhere. It didn’t move. It built up to what would have been an awesome fight scene, which turned out to be a dud. Maybe I should have read them all in order and not started with this one, but I feel like I didn’t miss much since the secondary characters didn’t really play much of a role in this book. I got enough info about the support characters to get an opinion about them.
If I’m totally wrong about this someone please tell me, but I was a little disappointed in the ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lion's Heat.