Chachic's Reviews > Crazy For You

liked it
bookshelves: physical-owned-copies
Read from March 08 to 09, 2011

Originally posted here.

It's funny because I claim to be a Jennifer Crusie fan and I've read several of her books but I don't think I've ever posted a review here on the blog. Whenever I feel unenthusiastic about reading any of my books, I go for a Crusie because I know that it will get me out of a slump. It might not be obvious because I'm still posting reviews and discussion posts but when it comes to reading, I've been somewhat lazy the past couple of weeks. I knew I could jumpstart my reading with Crazy for You.

Quinn has always been known as the calm one and someone who can be counted on in moments of crisis. But now she's bored with her life and she wants to be more like her adventurous sister, Zoe. She doesn't necessarily want to shake things up, she just wants a small thing: to adopt a stray dog. Little does she know how that dog will cause so many changes, not just in her own life, but in the lives of everyone close to her as well. It was easy to relate to Quinn and how she felt like there's nothing new or exciting in her life anymore. I think most people come to that point at least once in their lives (as evidenced by how Quinn's best friend and mother were influenced to reevaluate their lives when Quinn did). I guess that's why people decide to try out new things like maybe a hobby. In Quinn's case, she just wants her own pet. Also, yay for Quinn being a fellow dog-lover. :D

What I like about Jennifer Crusie's novels is that even though she writes contemporary romances, the focus of her stories are still the characters. All of her characters are fully fleshed out, even the secondary ones. In most chick lit or romance books, physical appearances often become important aspects of the attraction between the hero and heroine. I noticed that in the Crusie books that I've read, it's more about who the characters are rather than what they look like. It's the personalities that stand out more than anything else. Also, most of them are pretty quirky characters so there's a lot of humor in Crusie's books. If you're a fan of chick lit or contemporary romances and you've never given Jennifer Crusie a try, you really should pick up one of her books. Aside from Julie James, she's my only other favorite author in the genre. I'm saving up the rest of her books for whenever I feel like I need a pick-me-up. I know a lot of people are familiar with Crusie's work so to those who've read her books, what are your favorites?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy For You.