Laurel-Rain's Reviews > Tuck Your Skirt in Your Panties and Run

Tuck Your Skirt in Your Panties and Run by Lucy Adams

Mar 30, 11

Read from March 24 to 30, 2011

Ever laughed when you knew you shouldn't? Battled with Satan over chocolate? Forgotten to wear lipstick to the Garden Club meeting? Tried to define variorium? At times like these, what else can you do but "Tuck Your Skirt in Your Panties and Run"?

In her much awaited second book, award winning writer Lucy Adams, author of If Mama Don't Laugh, It Ain't Funny, takes readers on a roller-coaster ride through life's most embarrassing moments and delivers them safely on the other side. In her usual form, Adams gives readers an eye-watering, nose-snorting, giggling gift of a good time.

Join a 40 year-old bridesmaid on her journey to walk down the aisle, delve into a magnolia massacre, attend a hawg killin' with the communists, do some island living country style, and inflict vicarious revenge on the inventor of the balloon. Adams's wit will make you turn around and check your own underwear. Best of all we each can relax in the realization that we're not the only ones running with our skirts tucked in our panties.

My thoughts: this book is a laugh-out-loud peek into those ordinary moments in every woman's life ranging in topics from marriage, motherhood, girlfriends, to chain mail.

Each chapter dealt with a snippet of life moments. Some chapters were funnier than others, and when I couldn't personally relate to one of them, I could still chuckle at the peek into someone's local customs.

A quick and delightful read, I can easily recommend this one to anyone who loves to laugh, and I can also rate it with five stars.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tuck Your Skirt in Your Panties and Run.

message 1: by ccqdesigns (new) - added it

ccqdesigns OK, this sounds like too much fun. I guess I will have to add this to my wishlist.....

Laurel-Rain Thanks, ccqdesigns...it is a fun book!