Theresa Milstein's Reviews > Gossip from the Girls' Room

Gossip from the Girls' Room by Rose Cooper

4019647
Mar 12, 2011

Read in March, 2011

I won this book on a blog. Yesterday, it arrived in the mail while my 8-year-old daughter and I were home sick. When I took it out of the envelope, she became curious, leafing through it. I should mention that she's been in a big dog phase. She'll read any fiction or non-fiction book related to dogs that she can get her hands on. The only exception has been American Girl novels. She read 64 pages of Gossip from the Girls' Room in one sitting.

Before bed, she read for thirty-minutes and reached page 125.

This morning, she asked to take it to school (that almost never happens). When I picked her up from school, she said she took it out during snack and other students crowded around to see it. After she finished her homework, she took it out of her backpack and finished reading it.

I don't think she's ever read a book in 24 hours before. She loves reading, but this is 198 pages.

The book looks similar to "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" - like a kid's diary with pictures. I've always thought there should be book like that and Captain Underpants but with a girl character. Many times, my daughter laughed out loud and showed me the pictures. Highly recommended for kids.

I'm going to read it next.

*** EDIT *** I read it! What a fun book. My 12-year-old son has started it now.

Rumors from the Boys' Room comes out in spring 2012. When it does, I'll but it for my kids and me.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gossip from the Girls' Room.