Kathy's Reviews > Ecstasy Unveiled

Ecstasy Unveiled by Larissa Ione

It's unfair for me to rate most romance novels especially ones like this.

There are a few paranormal/fantasy romances that I have enjoyed (Raintree: Haunted by Linda Winstead Jones for example) But when the characters talk like they are skipping sixth period study hall to save the world with a new/ancient gizamatcallit magic, I pretty much go into a coma.

Like the guy on TV who says "I'm just here for the food", I could say "I'm just here for the sex" but that isn't true either (a little of Suzie Bright goes a very long way)

My idea of a good romance novel includes humor, intelligent characters and steamy stuff - not necessarily explicit stuff. I would exclude angst driven, emotionally crippled adolescent characters who only alert to the opportunity for violence or sex with that girl/boy who makes him/her "feel something (he/she) has never felt before" or something like that.

Okay, I'm done commenting on this or any other romance novel. No doubt I will continue to listen to them and wonder why.

BTW, the narration of this book makes me want to smack whoever invented earphones. Geez Louise it's bad! Well, it isn't a bad voice but it is not a voice for a romance novel . . . maybe a frat-house party committee but not a romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ecstasy Unveiled.