Becca's Reviews > Undeniably Yours

Undeniably Yours by Shannon Stacey

Mar 08, 11

bookshelves: netgalley, contemporary-romance, books-read-in-2011, arc-s
Read in March, 2011

At times this story was very frustrating to me. The premise of the story was Kevin a bar owner who gets many phone numbers a night is intrigued by a pretty brunette that walks into his bar one night. After she dismisses him he can't get her out of his head. So when he see's her at his brothers wedding he peruses her. They end up spending the night together and then three weeks later they find out their having a baby.

Beth is nomadic by nature, after being smothered with love by her parents she stroke out on her on and has never stayed in one place too long. Beth isn't impressed by Kevin when she first meets him, sure he's good looking but she thinks he's superficial and only goes for the girls that are constantly slipping him their numbers. But when she gets pregnant she learns there is more to Kevin than meets the eye. He isn't unhappy about the unplanned pregnancy, he's actually ecstatic when he takes the time to think about, and he is also been given a chance to get to know Beth.

Here is where I started to not like Beth's character. She insisted that the two of them remain solely friends, and she was fiercely independent she couldn't even accept gifts without becoming a bitch. I found her to be ungrateful in the face of all of these people wanting to help her especially since she grew up in a loving household. She took everything Kevin did to help her as trying to take over her life. I wanted someone to just tell her she was being ridiculous and was pushing away a great person. I loved Kevin I thought he was funny, and caring and he never gave up on Beth. He was patient with her even when she was undeserving of it. I personally thought Kevin could do better. It was a cute story but I honestly thought it took Beth WAY too long to figure out she was in love with Kevin.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undeniably Yours.