Melissa Mendoza's Reviews > Debt

Heat Level: 5 flames out of 5
Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Blurb:

The Debt Collector

I pay my debts, and I expect others to.

I was raised in the slums of London, I knew nothing of privilege. My father was murdered when I was seventeen. Morty figured my father's passing meant I would automatically take on dad's debts. I refused.

And I paid for that refusal.

So did my sister.

So now I fight. All I know how to do is fight. The best cash is in the states, so that's where I am now. A big fish called Vito came along offering me a "favor" when I arrived.

Another debt.

I paid for that one too.

I knew Kyla Hensley would be trouble when I met her. But I wanted her. I could see through the falsehood of her wannabe-slutty clothes and her sexy legs. So I chased her.

Besides, trouble is my middle name.

Kyla Hensley

I was brought up in privilege, but I lacked everything else. My father is a business tycoon who buys and sells and doesn't care who gets rolled over in the process.

I never knew my mother, and all I have of her is a photo with a note scrawled on the back in French saying "I'm sorry." The only Female Figure I had growing up is my dad's wife who is a bleach blond with seven boob jobs. We never bonded.

I drink. I party. I meet guys.

But I wasn't always like that.

I've had a string of lovers in the last few years, the worst and most recent of which was Vince Somerset. My best friend Vera was dating a guy called Rory Cansoom who is the opposite of Vince in so many ways, and yet so the same.

She and I hit the road for the summer, getting away from the two college psychos and just trying to have some fun.

But there's a funny thing about trouble, the more you run from it, the more it finds you.

Which is when I met the Debt Collector.

It was only supposed to be sex. He made that clear. I made that clear.

That's all it was supposed to be.

I never expected to fall in love. I never expected to fall so deeply, madly, uncomfortably in love with a man who is wrong, so wrong for me.

And yet...so unbelievably right

“I care for her. I do. I always have, and I always will. But she’s the easy out for her as well. She needs to realize this.”

5 sexy stars!!

I was sucked into this book from page one! Kyla was a great character and I loved how much she grew as I read. She had a tragic past and she was able to overcome the crap and move forward. The Debt Collector is sexy as sin and the ultimate Alpha male!! I mean how can you not love him, he just oozes out of the pages of your kindle!! This book is definitely worth the read!!!

Review_Mel

Alpha Book Club
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review. Reviewed by Melissa from Alpha Book Club
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Debt.

01/28/2016 marked as: currently-reading