Misty's Reviews > The Fire Inside

The Fire Inside by Raymond M Rose

Sep 07, 11

bookshelves: recieved-for-review, own-kindle
Read from March 08 to 24, 2011

To say this book is a thriller or fantasy would be misleading, it has elements of thriller and fantasy, along with sci-fi, mystery, action and even comic book (without the pictures lol)
I admit I was a bit wary starting this book because there were elements to it that just aren't my 'thing.' But I'm glad I read it anyway! It took me a while to get into, it was past halfway before I found myself not wanting to put it down to go to bed at a reasonable time! And I enjoyed trying to solve the mystery as I read.
The book is packed full of action and was rich with lots of details of both the scenery and background info every time we met someone new.
However there are a lot of characters to meet in the book and I found myself getting a bit confused at times, so I was pretty proud of myself when I guessed the bad guy before he was revealed lol
Out of all the characters I felt myself caring about Jack, or Sparks, the most. The title 'The fire inside' is really apt for him and I felt him go through a journey throughout the book and he steps up when he has to. I just loved the final scene where we see, not just a team but a family come together.
I'm not sure if there will be a follow up to this, but I'd happily read one if there were because I enjoyed it a lot.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fire Inside.