Susan's Reviews > City of Lost Souls

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

May 20, 2012

i am feeling very ambivalent toward this 5th book, cause i love the first 3 books out of this series, but found the 4th one to have a little less juice or whatever it is that made the first 3 to be so good. nevertheless, i still look forward to the 5th and was hoping that the next installment would pick up the pace and be filled with the same humor and wit that made me fall in love with Cassandra Clare's books. the 5th has some parts , dare i say,that are a little bit too sappy? but,there are also some hot parts between Sebastian and Clary that made my jaw drop and laughing in disbelief. Cassandra Clare got some guts in writing them, kudos.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Lost Souls.

Quotes Susan Liked

Cassandra Clare
“Missing, one stunningly attractive teenage boy. Answers to 'Jace' or 'Hot Stuff”

Cassandra Clare
“Does she still love you?"
"I don't think so," Magnus said dryly. "She wasn't very pleasant the last time I saw her. Of course, that could be because I've got an eighteen year-old boyfriend with a stamina rune and she doesn't."
Alec sputtered. "As the person being objectified, I ... object to that description of me.”

Cassandra Clare
“It was strange how your world could shift on its axis and everything you trusted could invert itself in what seemed like no time at all.”

Cassandra Clare
“Is it really love to tell someone that if it came down to picking between them and every other life on the planet, you’d pick them? Is that — I don’t know, is that a moral sort of love at all?'
'Love isn’t moral or immoral,' said Clary. 'It just is.'
'I know,' Simon said. 'But the actions we take in the name of love, those are moral or immoral.”