Jennie Leigh's Reviews > The Wrong Hostage

The Wrong Hostage by Elizabeth Lowell

Mar 07, 11

bookshelves: wishlist

This was my first Elizabeth Lowell novel. I think I have found a new favorite writer. I've since read a second of her books and liked it as well. It was a nice blend of romance and action/suspense. I didn't spend an inordinate amount of time trying to suspend my disbelief, which is something I appreciated. Not that I won't read books that are flat out over the top. I have read and enjoyed some that were utterly absurd if taken too seriously. But I dislike trying to plod through a book where the writer is taking the characters seriously yet makes a habit of having them do things that are wholly out of character or utterly ridiculous. Neither of these pet peeves was an issue in this book. The characters were likable to me and acted within reason, as far as I was concerned. Judge Grace Silva was a strong woman who saw the world through the black and white lens of the law until circumstances forced her to reevaluate her beliefs. Her journey through this process was believable to me. All in all, I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys romantic suspense and I will certainly be reading more of Ms. Lowell's work in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wrong Hostage.