Kayna Olsen's Reviews > Ever

U_50x66
Mar 07, 11

bookshelves: books-11-20
Read in March, 2011

In this novel Kezi falls in love with Olus, God of the Wind, before even knowing he is a god. Then after she finds out she can't help but trying to worship him until he finally gets it through to her that he doesn't want her to do such things. These two falling in love would be wonderful except that well, Olus is an immortal god and Kezi only has one month to live before she must be sacrificed to Admat the God of All, which none of the Akkan Gods has ever heard of. For a marriage to occur between Kezi and Olus, she must become a Goddess which would preserve her life. But in order to do this Olus must become a champion and Kezi must become a heroine.
I enjoyed this book but it was definitely not one of Levine's best. She is actually one of my favorite authors so when I found this book in the library I got really excited! It was good, I enjoyed the lessons that Kezi learned about family and the lessons about overcoming fears but I felt like it wasn't deep enough with emotion and feeling. It was somewhat flat up until the end. I did enjoy it, I just think it could have been better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ever.