Jon Cox's Reviews > Social Skills for Teenagers and Adults with Asperger's Syndrome: A Practical Guide to Day-to-day Life

Social Skills for Teenagers and Adults with Asperger's Syndrome by Nancy J. Patrick

Mar 07, 11

bookshelves: children-s, non-fiction
Read in February, 2011

I have a problem with most social skills books I have seen. They seem to talk more about functioning in every day situations more than they do about social skills. I agree that functioning in everyday situations is important, and, in a way, is social skills, but I think Ms. Patrick missed the boat a bit. She does share some good social skills and tips for functioning, and I think that the book would be very helpful for most teens or adults with Asperger's Syndrome, but I would have liked to see more detailed descriptions of actual social interchanges and some of the actual skills that govern social interchanges for "neurotypical" individuals. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this book to someone with Asperger's Syndrome, or to anyone who is wondering how to help another person with the disorder out. I just wish that there was a better resource out there for the detailed rules of social interactions. I'll keep looking.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Social Skills for Teenagers and Adults with Asperger's Syndrome.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jjo (new)

Jjo Maybe you should write a book that fits your specifications!

message 2: by Jon (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jon Cox If I don't find one that works, I will.

IdontKnow Did you find anything? I need a better book too.