Gardavson's Reviews > Blood Challenge

1948060
Mar 17, 11

bookshelves: fantasy-romance, paranormal, 5-star
Read in March, 2011

Oh my freaking gosh! Why, why, why can't the next installment be ready?! Wonderful addition to the series. As usual, I have my minor gripes, which I seem to have mostly with books I rather like. But they are minor. Again, at times I liked Lily, and at times she irritated me. More so in this book than in previous ones. But it's hard being in someone's head and still liking them all the time I suppose. Though I was pretty ticked at her in regards to the Cobb conclusion. She just didn't seem to put much concern into her part in what happened to him and the position it put Rule in. I also thought that kinda got dropped in the story yet seemed like it should have been a bigger deal. I didn't like what happened with Lily at the end, regarding the guy, Brian I think, they rescued. It didn't seem right and I'm afraid it will put Lily more towards the area in which I don't like her. But, I also think that it's going to come out in plot later as quite purposeful.

This book was full of plot happenings, twists, intricacies, action, intrigue, and emotion. I couldn't even begin to cover them all. There was a bit of fat that could have been trimmed, such as the tv stuff, but it didn't detract and didn't take up that much time. It just didn't lead anywhere and left me wondering why it had been there to begin with. But geesh, a lot went on! We meet Arjenie, find out (finally) about Claire and Benedict. Benedict plays a bigger role in this book than he has before, which I'm glad of. I like him. Plenty of quality Cullen time, and Cynna there too. Toby takes a back seat, where I prefer him. He seems a bit immature, even for his young age. Perhaps being lupus makes me think he should be a bit more mature. It's hard to say much without spoilage. While the first half of the book is a lot of building, the last half flies along and the plot and action suck ya right in. I was impressed with some of the thought Wilks put into the characters' emotional struggles. Much of it was exceedingly well done. I also like the firnam at the end. When it first began I was disappointed and thought it was going to be lame. But Wilks took it up a notch and pulled out the concept superbly, I thought. I love being surprised like that. I thought it was clever and brilliantly done. Now I mourn that I am at the end of current publishings and have to wait for the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Challenge.