Joe's Reviews > Evidence of Harm: Mercury in Vaccines and the Autism Epidemic: A Medical Controversy

Evidence of Harm by David  Kirby

Mar 03, 07

bookshelves: non-fiction, favorites
Read in January, 2005

I had tickets to a baseball game; took the book and read it in the stands. I couldn't put it down, read all night and finished in the morning.

Basically the pharmaceutical companies put mercury in the vaccines as a preservative(since publication of this book, they have been phased out of children's vaccines), claim there is no mercury (a technical point based on the definition of "trace")...and play a chess game of strategy with our health at stake. Mercury is a toxic substance and bio-accumulates in some people; that's just a fact. And for a long time during the 80's & 90's the government ramped up the vaccination program for infant's and injected the "trace amounts of mercury" into newborns (which, based on their bodysize, exceeded the government's own standards for mercury exposure). The pharmaceutical companies refused to use a mercury free preservative because there was "no evidence of harm" (toxicology studies withstanding). The mercury preservative is still used in flu shots. It's amazing that they just don't make a new vaccine preservative that contain's no mercury; but that would cost $$, and the pharmaceutical companies don't want to hurt their bottom line, so they hire lobyists to go to D.C. (for millions) and put in place laws that protect them from being sued (and save even more millions - dollar well spent!). It's sad that no one will be held accountable for this &@%#-up.

Some people will find the chemistry terms too technical, but just skim over those parts and the overlying story will carry you away. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evidence of Harm.