❀ ℓu-ℓu-ℓuna ❀'s Reviews > Shadowland

Shadowland by Meg Cabot

Aug 31, 11

bookshelves: time-contemporary, ya-reads-fantasy
Read in June, 2009

Shadowland is Meg Cabot's first book in the Mediator Series. I really liked the idea of a teenage girl who has the ability to see ghosts, be able to speak with them and even touch them and the heroine's goal, Susannah Simone(heroine), is to help these lost souls settle their unfinished business so they could move on to the next life...

Story goes...Suze Simone moves to California with her mom, who remarried Andy, a guy with three sons. She doesn't only get the price of having a new family (new dad, new brothers), new friends, new neighborhood...she also got one extra special surprise waiting for her in her bedroom. Hector "Jesse" De Silva was killed in the room where Suze is sleeping (yep! talk about depressing) and couldn't seem to move on.
Suze meanwhile not only has to figure out what hot ghost boy's problem is but there's also a mean girl ghost who can't get over the fact that she's dead, that she needs to help. It's good that her new school's principal is also a mediator like her.

My Thoughts...this was sort of like a training ground for Meg Cabot as she starts her paranormal teen fiction and I really adore the whole series even if I started at five Haunted and began backtracking my progress... This was a good read. 3 stars!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadowland.