Kristen C's Reviews > The Second Summer of the Sisterhood

The Second Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares

Mar 07, 11

Read in February, 2011

"In The Second Summer of the Sisterhood“, Bridget, Carmen, Tibby, and Lena are on their second summer as The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Bridget heads off to Alabama. Tibby makes a movie for a film-making program, Carmen stays at home with her mother, and Lena goes through some tough times with her boyfriend Kostos.
Carmen, Lena, Tibby, and Bridget are four close friends who share a pair of jeans in order to feel connected to each other during the summer. While they are apart for the summer, they go through some challenges they face without each other. Carmen is having troubles with her dad's new family, and with her mom's new boyfriend. Lena just broke up with her boyfriend from Greece, and misses him, so she goes back to Greece to find him.
Tibby heads off to Virginia for a film program, but makes her mom feel sad when she makes a comical bibliography of her, although Tibby makes up for it. Bridget flies to Alabama to see her grandmother, but is reminded of her dead mother.
I really like this book series because it’s like a movie playing in your head of all four girls about their life stories. I also like how there is four different stories in one book that manage to reconnect somehow throughout the story.
I enjoyed reading these series and I think you will too. If you like comedy, romance, and adventure you will like these books. I recommend starting off with the first book because otherwise you would be lost.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Second Summer of the Sisterhood.