Cheryl's Reviews > Fairy Tale

Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog

Mar 07, 2011

it was ok
Read in March, 2011

Maybe it is the short length, of this novel, maybe Cyn Balog just didn't give her characters enough time to develop and grow, no matter the reason I thought this book was terrible.

Morgan and Cam have know each other their entire lives. They have grown up living next door to each other, and have fallen in love. One day Cam's cousin Pip shows up and changes their world forever. Turns out Cam is heir to the Fairy throne in Otherworld, and he must leave Morgan's world, and her, behind.

Sounds interesting doesn't it? But the whole story just falls flat. I found Morgan to be very unlikeable. She is this odd sort of bully, that doesn't really think she is, and can't figure out why everything isn't going her way. I don't think she was supposed to be written as a bully, but that was how she came off to me. Insisting freshmen get her snacks during football games, Cam can't go to the bathroom or be out of her sight for more then two minutes, she is mean to Pip when she first meets him, but the second he finds out he has abs she can't help fantasizing about him. Bleck!

I don't think I will be picking up more of Cyn Balog's novels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fairy Tale.